Dan is still somewhat being held captive in Burundi - he's made it to the airport - 1st flight out - cancelled - haven't heard if he's left yet, but here are the Tweets he's sent while waiting - last one came about 2 hours ago (5:46am AZ).
- Hitched a ride in the back of a UN truck to the Bujumbura airport.
- Egyptian Airforce has just finished training exersise in central Africa & has joined us in Burundi airport.
- Still in Bujumbura. 1st flight today cancelled.
- We made thru security & are waiting for next plane. Good news! Food & drink is on Kenya Airlines. God is good! & we are eating.
- Sitting in Bujumbura airport lounge w/ fellow Kenyans & Chinese travelers: eating, drinking, listening to rap music. Waiting...
- Central African proverb: "Hurry! Hurry! Brings bad luck." aaaggghhh. Still waiting in Bujumbura & willing to risk bad luck
- Still in Bujumbura airport... Another free meal... Strength fading...