Dear Family & Friends,
Stories of our 2nd week in Africa continue. Trisha’s PowerPoint tells the impressions of a 25-year old woman visiting Burundi.
My fondest memories of this week:
- The bus driver who confessed Jesus the 1st week, joined us in sharing the gospel;
- The singing & worship at the hotel dining room was so powerful that even the hotel staff joined in;
- The hotel kitchen, made the Waffle House look extravagant;
- A 15-year old boy wanting to pray;
- A Christian family who sang for us;
- An ancient woman who looked & acted like Yoda, tapping my bag with her cane until I gave her food…
You can find a lot of these stories on Marina’s personal blog http://rockthedesert.typepad.com/. There’s a whole section devoted to Africa stories and a link that also takes you directly to Team Berryman’s “website.” Marina is updating the blog every couple of days with new stories from our 25 day adventure, so keep checking back…and please leave a comment or send an email in response to what you read – we love to hear feedback!!
Right now we are busy planning our next two church planting trips – Burundi (with medical component) in November 19-29, 2009 & Rwanda (with water well component) in January 7-17, 2010 – we hope you’ll consider joining us – we are so excited about these trips and hope you’ll catch the vision and be a part of what God is doing in Africa sooner rather than later!!
Missionary to Burundi & Rwanda
If you do not want to receive these updates please reply back to me. I will be sending out 3-6 updates about this trip, then I will start sending notices about our upcoming November and January trips.
Marina & I are solely supported by friends and family. If you would like to contribute you may do so at the e3partners web site
https://www.e3partners.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=30189. At the bottom of this page check “I would like to give to an e3 staff member…” then enter our names Dan & Marina Berryman…Thanks!